Welcome to Ninh Binh Motorbike! Most of the tourists coming to Ninh Binh choose a boat trip to visit Tam Coc. However, there are motorbike or bicycle which can help you to explore the beauty of Ninh Binh.
Rent a bike in Ninh Binh
As a local people, I prefer to take a day trip by motorbike or bicycle rental, I feel that Ninh Binh motorbike trip is much more interesting. When I rent a bike to travel, I can contemplate freely of paddy rice fields and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere of this old capital.
Wherever you rent a bike, there are some tips you had better notice to make sure the quality of the bike for safety.
- Do not rent a too old bike although it is cheaper, so you must ask for the lease before renting.
- Check the bike, especially the brake, horn, vehicle lights.
- Keep the renting paper and keys carefully to avoid getting lost.
- Remember to fill full the gas before you travel to Trang An as there is no gas station.
- While traveling, remember to bring the full documents, obey traffic laws everywhere, including in the tourist area.
How much rent a bike in Ninh Binh
The motorbike shops will usually charge per 24 hours. When you rent for a day, the price you pay will vary depending on where you are, whether the bike is older or new, and an automatic or a manual one.
In some places, you may have a discount for a weekly rental, most will for a monthly hire term. If you intend to rent this motorbike for a long time (over a week), make sure you have a good deal with the motorbike owner.
The budget is about 100.000 to 200.000 VND per day or 800.000 to 1.200.000 VND for monthly rental. It depends on your motorbike preference.
Destinations in Ninh Binh that easy to reach when you travel by motorbike
Depend on your trip duration, you can choose the number of these destinations to allow motorbikes to visit Ninh Binh city…
1. Mua cave
As “The Great Wall” of Vietnam, the way to Mua Cave consists of 486 stairs. You will get overwhelmed with the view when you reach the top
- Bring along a bottle of water while climbing to the cave.
- There is a parking lot with free parking price right at the entrance. So remember to go straight to the entrance rather than stop at the road site and follow locals.
2. Tuyet Tinh Coc cave
The magic and the unique scene in Ninh Binh, Vietnam.
- Bring a bike lock to preserve property.
- Bring water to avoid thirsty while visiting here.
Useful Tips for Scooter Rental
While traveling in Vietnam, you must have a driving license. However, there are some notes you must notice to have the license.
In Vietnam, to use International Driving Permit issued by countries who signed the Vienna 1968 Convention on Road Traffic you will need to bring your national driver’s license issued by your country.
- You national driver’s license and IDP must not be expired.
- You can only drive the class which your national driver’s license allows you to drive.
For example. If your national driver’s license is for a car, you can use it to drive a car only, you cannot use it to drive any other vehicle that requires a license to drive in Vietnam.
To convert your home country license to a Vietnam driver’s license, you will need:
- A valid passport with a 3-month Visa.
- A form requesting a driver’s license issuance.
- A certified copy of your national driver’s license.
- A Vietnamese translated version of your national driver’s license that is issued by Authorized Organization.
- A certified copy of your passport ( photo page and visa page).
- Three 3×4 cm ID photos ( the photo will be taken at the place of submission).
- A fee of 135.000 VND (6.14 US$) per license.
How to check the motorbike functional?
Below are useful tips to check motorbike
- Check out the bike carefully to find out any existing damage. Take photos of these marks on your phone as evidence. Therefore, the company will have a solution if the motorbike has any problem.
- Sit on the bike and bounce up and down – make sure the suspension is working
- Check the adjustment of mirrors and affirm that you can see behind you.
- Ride the bike and check for size comfort (your knees should not be forced to stick out)
- Test the brakes (some bikes have rear and front, some have both – know what you have)
- Check the acceleration – sometimes you will need to get out of the way of some “crazy drivers” quickly
- You can choose bikes with thicker tires (thin tires and gravel will be your “Objective reason” for an accident)
- Helmet – Safety always first!
Review about Ninh Binh Travel
“Ninh Binh is not a very attractive town but it does have more resources like restaurants and shops. Tam Coc is small but quite attractive. It can get very busy with tour groups during the day and is quiet in the early morning and late afternoon and night.”From Violets
“Tam coc is the place to stay as you can do the boat trip early in the morning before the touts and tourists arrive. I then went back to my hotel for breakfast, hired a bicycle, and spent the day exploring. There were loads of motorbikes and bicycles for rent in Tam coc.”From Mp63
“Kenh Ga scenery is beautiful but it is one-hour motorbike drive from Tam Coc via Hoa Lu end Bai Dinh. You stay in TAM COC, which is in the middle of a myriad of beautiful sites.”From Larsay